Mar 17 2013
If you want to deregister Hong Kong Limited company, you need to follow these 2 steps (the company must be incorporated under the Companies Ordinance, other than those companies specified in section 291AA(16) or registered under Part XI of the Companies Ordinance) :
1) Contact IRD (Inland Revenue Department) to obtain a written notice of no objection
2) Once you receive a written notice of no objection from IRD, you have to notify CR ( Company Registry)
Process with Inland Revenue Department
Applicant Form (IR 1263) is required to submit to the Commissioner of Inland Revenue with a fee of $270 which is non-refundable regardless of the result of the application.
- All the members of the company agree to the deregistration;
- The company has never commenced business or operation, or has ceased to carry on business or ceased operation for more than 3 months immediately before the application
- The company has no outstanding liabilities; and
- It has obtained a written notice of no objection from the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
Fees: 270 HKD
How do I deal with CR (Company Registry)
Once you obtain a written notice from IRD, an application for deregistration can be made to the Registrar of Companies in the specified form (Form DR1).
Fees: 420 HKD