Singapore – Tax resident or non-resident?

Singapore - Tax resident or non-resident?

If you think about to start your new company and enjoy the tax exemption  in Singapore one of the most important matter is to be recognized by local authority as a Singapore resident (see the another criteria)  or Foreigner living in SG and the shareholder can’t be corporate body.


Indicate whether you are tax resident or not
In order to enjoy the Singapore tax exemption status you need to:
– be recognized as Singaporean citizen; or
– Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) if your home is in Singapore
– Foreigner who is currently working or staying in Singapore for at least 183 days or more in previous year.