Nov 1 2011
- Wyoming ranks 1st for Best Business Tax Climate. (Tax Foundation, 2006)
- Pollina Corporate Real Estate ranked Wyoming 6th in its Top Ten Pro-Business States 2005: Keeping Jobs in America Report.
- Wyoming ranks the highest with employment in the mining industry for the entire country.
- Wyoming is the number one producer of coal in the United States.
- Classified rural land in Wyoming occupies 91% of the state.
Fees & Taxes
Business Inventory Tax
Corporate Income Tax
The state of Wyoming, in addition to collecting no personal income taxes, collects no corporate income taxes as well.
Personal Income Tax
Wyoming levies no individual income taxes.
Personal Property Tax
Wyoming is one of the 38 states that collect property taxes at both the state and local levels. Personal property held for personal use is tax exempt. Inventory if held for resale, pollution control equipment, cash, accounts receivable, stocks and bonds are also exempt.
State Sales and Use Tax
Base Rate: 4.00%
Machinery Rate: 4.00%
Wyoming provides an exemption for the sale or lease of machinery to be used directly and predominantly in manufacturing tangible personal property.